Analysis for Innovators (A4I) Roadshow 2019 - Huddersfield
Do you want to solve an issue that is impacting your productivity and sales?
It might be a problem with product reliability, manufacturability/cost of production or product lifetime.
Analysis for Innovators (A4I) is focused on helping individual companies solve such tricky, and perhaps long running, technical problems that affect existing processes, products or services.
A4I is a programme that gives UK businesses, of any size, access to cutting-edge R&D expertise and facilities to help solve analysis or measurement problems that they have been unable to tackle using standard technologies and techniques. As such it is a different type of programme from Innovate UK’s usual grant funding competitions. This programme’s aim is to boost a company’s productivity or competitiveness by helping companies work with the UK’s top scientists and facilities, which are often otherwise inaccessible so they can address problems in new innovative ways.
A4I is a partnership between Innovate UK, as part of UK Research and Innovation, and funding partners: the National Physical Laboratory (NPL), the National Measurement Laboratory at LGC (formerly known as the Laboratory of the Government Chemist), the National Engineering Laboratory (NEL) and the Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC).
Innovate UK expects to open the Fourth Round of this popular programme in late February with up to £4m of funding for industry.
Regional Roadshow Events: KTN is running a series of roadshows at various venues in the UK to outline the details of A4I in advance of the competition opening. These roadshows will explain A4I as well as highlighting some of the successes from previous funding rounds to help companies understand the opportunity, the scope of the competition and discuss the application process.
- 29th January – Satellite Applications Catapult, Harwell Campus, Oxfordshire
- 31st January – Engine Shed, Station Approach, Temple Meads, Bristol, BS1 6QH
- 4th February – National Physical Laboratory, Hampton Road, Teddington, Middlesex, TW11 0LW
- 5th February – Welsh Government Office, Treforest (QED Centre), Treforest, CF37 5YR
- 7th February – thestudio, Glasgow
- 12th February – NIACE, Belfast
- 15th February – 3M Buckley Innovation Centre, Huddersfield (no parking available onsite)