Webinar - Barclays Eagle Labs and Immerse UK Present: XR & Femtech
According to the Vision for Women and Virtual Reality Report, 14% of immersive tech companies in the UK are directed by women. Female-identifying and non-binary people still lack representation both in front of and behind the screen, but the stories told and the topics explored often shy away from subjects considered taboo or niche.
This St Patricks Day, join Immerse UK and Barclays Eagle Labs for an evening of talks and conversation exploring the therapeutic value of immersive storytelling, the future of femtech and the importance of diversity when it comes to developing innovative technology.
Aims of the event:
- Explore untold female stories are being told through XR
- Understand the connection between intimacy and pleasure with mental and physical health
- The potential of XR and haptics to educate people on the inner world of middle-aged women’s bodies and the reproductive diseases
- Find out how XR can alter our cognitive biases and shift our perspective on gender and identity
Benefits of attending:
- Meet an interdisciplinary community of technologists, healthcare professionals, entrepreneurs, researchers and artist practitioners
- Learn about the important role women, nonbinary and genderqueer people play in storytelling and technology
- Free food and drinks
Please note this is an inclusive event, and all genders are welcome.
This event is presented as part of SpringForward.
KTN Events and Coronavirus
While it remains safe to do so, KTN will continue to run and attend events. Responsibility for health and safety at these events is primarily held by the venues. However, KTN will work closely with all venues and partners involved to ensure that staff, speakers and delegates are protected. You will therefore be likely to see increased hand gel, tissues, wipes and masks (where appropriate) handed out at events.
It is possible that due to an assessed risk, an event may be postponed or cancelled at short notice in order to protect the health of our attendees. Where this is the case, we will endeavour to let you know as soon as possible.
Please do not travel to events should you feel unwell, and please follow the published Public Health England advice, which you can find here.
Follow the link below to find out more about the speakers, the full event agenda and registration.