Breakthrough Cities Workshop: Business Model Innovation for Urban Challenges - London
A one-day workshop bringing together innovative SMEs and local Government decision-makers from across London. The purpose is to develop new business and engagement models to solve complex urban challenges. The specific focus of this event will be low carbon and circular economy innovation for the built environment.
Background: Globally, the buildings sector is responsible for nearly 40% of greenhouse gas emissions. As a founding member of the C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group, London is committed to bold action on emissions reduction – with the transition to a circular economy a key priority for City Hall.
To deliver on these ambitions and transform London’s built environment in line with a low carbon future, new business models and cross-sector partnerships are needed. This workshop is an opportunity to explore and co-create those new models.
Transforming construction is also one of the areas covered by the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund, which aims to foster innovation that reduces costs and improves environmental performance. The workshop will be an opportunity to explore how, working together, local government and innovative SMEs can seize this opportunity to develop sustainable models that create lasting impact.
Who’s the workshop for?
- Innovators across all sectors with an idea that can help accelerate the low carbon transformation of London’s built environment.
- Decision-makers from relevant local authorities and service providers across the London.
- Academics and researchers with relevant expertise.
- An opportunity to be part of developing new solutions to an urgent challenge.
- Exposure to best-in-class research on and examples of business model innovation to solve urban challenges.
- A chance to network with decision-makers and innovators.
- A rare opportunity to take time out from the day-to-day to reflect on your own approach to leadership, innovation and value creation.
Who’s behind this event? This workshop is the final in a series of three being run by Volans, a UK-based think tank and agency for transformational change, in partnership with Innovate UK, KTN and the IET. The workshop will be led by John Elkington, a renowned thought leader and writer on sustainable business, along with others from the team at Volans.
Registration: Please note that places are restricted and therefore interested parties are requested to register their interest here. You will be notified on or before Friday 23rd February if a place has been made available to you.
For more information, please contact Richard Roberts (email@example.com).
Join the conversation on Twitter: #BreakthroughCities