Chemistry and Industrial Biotechnology Showcase 2017
This two day conference and exhibition hosted by the Knowledge Transfer Network is a major event to showcase how the UK chemistry and industrial biotechnology sectors are helping to enable growth in key UK supply chains through innovation.
From senior representatives of government, major investors, top industry players and senior scientists to start-up companies and brilliant early career researchers, the showcase will bring people from across the supply chain together under the same roof – connecting people who would not normally meet.
* Sessions that showcase cutting edge innovation across key supply chains and sectors (Medicines; Functional Materials; Personal Care; Healthy Ageing; Low Carbon Fuels; Batteries) and in emerging & enabling technologies (Engineering Biology and Advanced Manufacturing)
* BBSRC & EPSRC led session on the future of biologically-based manufacturing
* Pitch Event on Chemistry and Industrial Biotechnology for a Circular Bioeconomy
* Networking and 1:1 meeting opportunities
* Exhibition and sponsorship opportunities
* Drinks Reception (sponsored by Biocatalysts)
There are also the following additional (optional) offerings:
* BioVale sponsored Networking Breakfast: Value from Unavoidable Food Waste – 21st September 2017
* Tour of the Biorenewables Development Centre – 19th & 20th September 2017
Conference sessions will include:
- Opportunities for innovation in post-Brexit Britain
- Opportunities in medicines
- Functional materials for targeted properties
- Innovation for the growing personal care market
Healthy ageing: Adding life to years
- Opportunities for low carbon fuels
- Charging ahead: The future of batteries innovation
- Emerging & enabling technologies – Engineering biology
- Emerging & enabling technologies – Towards advanced manufacturing capabilities
- Towards biologically-based manufacturing
- BBSRC & EPSRC Session on Chemistry and Industrial Biotechnology: Joining up to give the UK a global competitive advantage
- Pitch event: Chemistry and industrial biotechnology for a circular bioeconomy
The conference programme can be viewed here.
The exhibition is at the heart of the showcase, providing the perfect opportunity to network with all of the conference attendees.
Pitch Event: Chemistry and Industrial Biotechnology for a Circular Bioeconomy
The pitch event is designed to provide an opportunity for entrepreneurs and investors to gain valuable insights and form new business relationships in sustainable technologies that can help move us towards a circular bio-economy. The panel is due to include Circularity Capital, Enterprise Ventures, the Ellen MacArthur Foundation, Capricorn Venture Partners, HNI, and S’invesTec. The six most promising finalists will give a live pitch to a panel of specialist investors and judges in front of an audience. Semi-finalists will be selected to present their company at a ‘Ones to watch’ investor networking session at the Showcase.
1:1 Meeting Opportunities
You can enhance your experience of the Chemistry and Industrial Biotechnology Showcase by pre-booking meetings with other attendees, and take full advantage of the excellent networking opportunities during this two-day event.
BioVale Breakfast Meeting: Value from Unavoidable Food Waste
BioVale are hosting a Breakfast Meeting on 21st September, to give Showcase delegates an opportunity to learn about the latest technologies, hear from companies which have successfully converted their food waste to value, discover sources of funding and make new connections.
Tours of BDC’s scale-up facilities
The Biorenewables Development Centre (BDC) is offering free tours on 19th & 20th September to Showcase delegates – explore their scale-up facilities, meet the team, and learn about recent projects and how these have helped their partners.
The social programme includes a Drinks Reception (sponsored by Biocatalysts) and the Conference Dinner (sponsored by the University of York) at the award winning National Railway Museum. In addition to the opportunity enjoy a delicious dinner and network in a unique and exciting environment, entertainment will be provided by a comedian and a roving magician.
The Chemistry and Industrial Biotechnology Showcase is taking place at Spring Lane Building, University of York, YO10 5DD. Please click here for a map of the campus.
The Conference Dinner will take place at the National Railway Museum.
Register now to secure your place at the UK Chemistry and Industrial Biotechnology event of the year. Tickets cost £250, plus booking fee.