Clean Growth and Infrastructure Innovation Event: Clean Energy - Harwell
Following the launch and subsequent evolution of the Space and HealthTec Clusters at Harwell Campus, the new EnergyTec cluster is the latest multi-disciplinary success story to emerge from the campus.
The Faraday Institution at Harwell Campus has received £64m from the Government to accelerate battery technology in the UK; one of the major strands of the Government’s Industrial Strategy for future growth and economic development in the UK.
This special event is a partnership between Harwell Campus, the Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN) and Innovate UK, and will include presentations from organisations that belong to the EnergyTec Cluster at Harwell, the proof of concept energy call and the support provided by KTN for innovation covering funding and opportunities. This is part of a much broader story of innovation and technological advancement with clean energy linking to the industrial strategy, targets for cutting emissions extending into universities and research bodies, both in the UK and globally.
The event will promote funding opportunities available for innovators working across the supply chain in Clean Growth and providing insights from a panel comprised of people with considerable sector and regional expertise.
Delegates can expect:
- insights into local and large industry needs and drivers
- pointers and tips from successful grant winners
- valuable insights on topics and future funding opportunities
- the support available locally and nationally to develop applications
- the opportunity to participate in brokerage sessions throughout the day, and form new relationships
- the chance to learn more about the sector, meet with relevant experts and connect with other businesses
10:00 Welcome and Overview
Emma Southwell-Sander, STFC and Louise Jones, Knowledge Transfer Network
10:10 Opening Address
Barbara Ghinelli, Harwell, STFC
10:20 Session 1: Energy Landscape, Government Challenges and Commercial Opportunities
- Corin Taylor, Decarbonised Gas Alliance
- David Hytch, Innovate UK
- Benjamin Mousseau, EDF Energy
- Mohammed, Belal, Mirico
- Barbara Ghinelli, Harwell Campus
11:15 Break & Networking
11:30 Panel Discussion with Q&A: How Cross Sector and Multi-Sector Collaboration Will Grow the UK’s Energy Capabilities
Chair: Neil Morris
Panel: Corin Taylor, Benjamin Mousseau, Barbara Ghinelli, Mohamed Belal, Johnson Matthey
12:30 Lunch & Networking
13:30 Session 2: Workshops
13:30 Workshop 1: KTN – Opportunities, Pitching and Winning Funds
14:30 Workshop 2: Harwell Living Lab – Commercial Opportunities
15:15 Closing Remarks
- Hear from STFC, Innovate UK, KTN and EEN on the funding, finance and support available in the sector
- Be inspired by success stories
- Gather information about the proposal evaluation process and receive guidance on dos and don’ts for proposal preparation
- Informal networking during breaks staggered throughout the day.
- 1:1’s – take up the opportunity for on the day support with 1:1s with IUK, KTN (Technical and Access to funding and finance team), IP, R&D tax credit assistance