DCMS 5G Create – Competition Briefing Event: Salford
Participants will be briefed on the scope, eligibility and how to make an application for funding.
The 5G Testbeds and Trials Programme is the Government’s nationally coordinated programme of investment in 5G. The Programme looks to harness areas where the UK has a competitive advantage – such as in scientific research, engineering talent and our rich variety of technology businesses. The Programme is working to deliver the following objectives:
- Accelerate the deployment of 5G networks and ensure the UK can take early advantage of the applications those networks can enable
- Maximise the productivity and efficiency benefits to the UK from 5G
- Create new opportunities for UK businesses at home and abroad and encourage inward investment
The event is open to organisations and businesses who may be interested in taking part in projects, including:
- Organisations involved in the development, trialling and usage of applications, products, services.
- Network providers
- Mobile Network Operators
- Technology vendors
- Local authorities and other public service delivery bodies
Also, if you are looking for potential collaborators there will be an opportunity for delegates to deliver a two-minute pitch to the room with a max of two slides for each pitch.
Not able to attend? There will also be similar events across the UK:
KTN Events and Coronavirus
While it remains safe to do so, KTN will continue to run and attend events. Responsibility for health and safety at these events is primarily held by the venues. However, KTN will work closely with all venues and partners involved to ensure that staff, speakers and delegates are protected. You will therefore be likely to see increased hand gel, tissues, wipes and masks (where appropriate) handed out at events.
It is possible that due to an assessed risk, an event may be postponed or cancelled at short notice in order to protect the health of our attendees. Where this is the case, we will endeavour to let you know as soon as possible.
Please do not travel to events should you feel unwell, and please follow the published Public Health England advice, which you can find here.
Follow the link below for the full event agenda and registration.