DCMS 5G Create Competition Countdown Event
Participants will be updated on the 5G Create programme by the DCMS team after the first deadline passed in early June. Details of the new UK5G supplier directory will be presented.
Ask key questions ahead of the event
There will also be an opportunity for applicants to ask questions to the DCMS team relating to scope, use case and eligibility around the competition. We are also running a pitching session in the event.
Please submit your written question when you register on this page. We will collect these questions ahead of the event up to 12 June 2020.
Opportunity to do a 3 minute pitch presentation
- Up to 10 spaces available on a first come first serve basis
- No more than 3 slides (this includes contact details)
- Powerpoint 16:9 Format Only (so that we can merge all into one deck for presenting)
- If you are interested in delivering a 3-minute pitch please specify when you register on this page
Ideally, slides should list:
- Who you are and your contact details
- What you can offer to others looking to make an application
- Who/what are you looking for, in relation to a 5G Create partnership application
About the 5G Create competition programme
5G Create is an open competition with the Government hoping to attract bids from a variety of industries where the UK has a competitive advantage, encouraging dynamic business models and opening up new opportunities and markets. This includes our creative industries but also our rich variety of technology businesses in sectors such as energy, water, health and social care and logistics.
Up to £30m will be available in this open competition, aiming to explore and develop new use-cases and sustainable business models for 5G applications and services.
The 5G Testbeds and Trials Programme is the Government’s nationally coordinated programme of investment in 5G. The Programme looks to harness areas where the UK has a competitive advantage – such as in scientific research, engineering talent and our rich variety of technology businesses.
The Programme is working to deliver the following objectives:
- Accelerate the deployment of 5G networks and ensure the UK can take early advantage of the applications those networks can enable.
- Maximise the productivity and efficiency benefits to the UK from 5G.
- Create new opportunities for UK businesses at home and abroad and encourage inward investment.
The event is open to organisations and businesses who may be interested in taking part in projects, including:
- Organisations involved in the development, trialling and usage of applications, products and services
- Network providers
- Mobile Network Operators
- Technology vendors
- Local authorities and other public service delivery bodies
Follow the link below to register.