DCMS 5G Create: Online Pitching Event - 22 April 2020
5G Create is an open competition with the Government hoping to attract bids from a variety of industries where the UK has a competitive advantage, encouraging dynamic business models and opening up new opportunities and markets. This includes our creative industries but also our rich variety of technology businesses in sectors such as energy, water, health and social care and logistics.
Key to the success of this programme will be the formation of collaborative partnerships between applicants to deliver the projects.
In this online session facilitated by KTN and UK5G, participants seeking partners will be able to pitch to one another. The pitches will be recorded and placed on the UK5G website for the duration of the competition period.
(NB: If you have pitched at any of the 5G Create online briefing events on 31st March and the 2nd April there is no need to pitch again as these were recorded and are already available to view.)
Details for the pitches:
- Each pitch length is 3 minutes
- Maximum of 3 slides for each pitch. Please be concise.
In your pitch please include info on:
- What you’re looking to do if you are proposing a project.
- What do you have to offer?
- What and/or who are you looking for?
The 5G Testbeds and Trials Programme is the Government’s nationally coordinated programme of investment in 5G. The Programme looks to harness areas where the UK has a competitive advantage – such as in scientific research, engineering talent and our rich variety of technology businesses. The Programme is working to deliver the following objectives:
- Accelerate the deployment of 5G networks and ensure the UK can take early advantage of the applications those networks can enable
- Maximise the productivity and efficiency benefits to the UK from 5G
- Create new opportunities for UK businesses at home and abroad and encourage inward investment
The event is open to organisations and businesses who may be interested in taking part in projects, including:
- Organisations involved in the development, trialling and usage of applications, products, services.
- Network providers
- Mobile Network Operators
- Technology vendors
- Local authorities and other public service delivery bodies
There will also be similar webinars:
Follow the link below for the full event agenda and registration.