Emerging and Enabling Technologies Competition Round 3 Briefing Event - Manchester
Please Note: that this briefing session will take place at Venturefest Manchester from 10:30 – 11:30 on 14 September 2017.
You will need to register your place directly on the Venturefest Manchester page to attend this. Click on the page link to register now. http://venturefestmanchester.com
Sheffield Event – 19 Sep 2017:
Alternatively, we wil also be running a full day briefing in Sheffield at AMRC on 19 September 2017 with the opportunity for a full scope presentation from Innovate UK, 1:2:1 meetings, pitch presentations and networking wall. Please register your place to attend at this link.
As part of the Innovate UK Delivery Plan, Innovate UK is to invest up to £15m* in innovative projects in Emerging and Enabling Technologies and up to £10m for KTP.
Technologies within “Emerging and Enabling Technologies include:
- Emerging technologies*: defined as technologies that are progressing in, or have recently emerged from, the research base.
- Digital*: such as Cyber security and the internet of things,
- Enabling technologies*: such as Electronics, Sensors and Photonics (ESP) & Robotics and Autonomous Systems.
- Space Applications*
Applying these Technologies across ALL Sectors the aim is to increase competitiveness for UK small and medium sized enterprises.
*The Scope for this competition has yet to be confirmed, but is likely to be similar to the second round of funding. Details will be available at https://www.gov.uk/apply-funding-innovation when the competition opens on 4th September 2017.
This event will benefit businesses of all sizes (micro,, small, medium and large) as well as academics, researchers and local authorities.
The main briefing event will take place on 12th September in London which will also be available online. There will then be regional events as follows:
- 13th Sept, Cardiff – organised by Welsh Government
- 14th Sept, Manchester at Venturefest Manchester
- 19th Sept, Belfast – organised by Invest Northern Ireland
- 19th Sept, Sheffield – supported by the Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC)
- 21st Sept, Exeter – supported by the Met Office
- 21st Sept, Glasgow – supported by Technology Scotland