Expression of Interest: 5G for Museums, Galleries and Heritage - unlocking the full potential - London
You will get an opportunity to tell us what your needs are and share ideas on how 5G can enable and enhance your creative projects and infrastructure needs. The high-bandwidth low-latency technologies promised by 5G will likely radically disrupt the sector both in the way the content is delivered and received.
Thanks to 5G, immersive experiences will become more seamless and available not only to a groups of people at the same time but also to remote visitors. 5G will also impact how museums, galleries and other venues operate.
Join us to understand the 5G and explore the wealth of opportunities it offers to the Arts and Heritage sector. We will be discussing immersive experiences, IoT, real-time remote collaborations with other establishments worldwide, and how curators can improve the preservation and storage of most precious artefacts.
The workshop is ideally designed for staff working in digital teams at museums, galleries and heritage organisations. A detailed technology knowledge is not necessary as we will have experts on hand.
13:00 – Arrivals & Registrations
13:30 – Welcome & Introductions
13:45 – What is 5G? – presentation
14:00 – Discussion panel + Q&A – impact of 5G on museums, heritage and the wider tourism and creative industries sectors
14:45 – Refreshment Break
15:10 – Workshop session + feedback: work in groups to discuss specific areas in greater depth
16:10 – Final Remarks
16:20 – Networking
17:30 – Close
- Chris Michaels (Digital Director, The National Gallery)
- Prof Mischa Dohler (FIEEE FREng FRSA FIET, Chair Professor, Dept of Engineering, King’s College London)
- Ian Smith (Programme Director – 5G Testbeds and Trials, DCMS)
- Gabrielle Jenks (Digital Director at Manchester International Festival)
- Anna Lowe (Co-Founder and Director of Partnerships, Smartify)
- Chris Michaels – Digital Director, The National Gallery
- Prof Mischa Dohler, FIEEE FREng FRSA FIET Chair Professor, Dept of Engineering King’s College London
- TBC – DCMS
- TBC – immersive producer
Follow the link below to find out more about this event and to register.