Horizon 2020 Batteries: Information and Consortia Building Event
This free to attend event is organised by Innovate UK, BEIS, the Knowledge Transfer Network, and Enterprise Europe Network, and will give details about forthcoming Horizon 2020 Batteries related call topics. Horizon 2020 is the European Union’s Research and Innovation Programme with the 2020 Cross-Cutting Work Programme, which covers the Batteries related calls, representing a budget of around €337.5million.
In the wake of the Paris agreement (COP21), as well as the EU 2020 and EU 2050 targets, there is a need for significant reductions in CO2 and greenhouse gas emissions in a short time span. Electric batteries are currently seen as important technological enablers to drive the transition towards a de-carbonised society, by integration of renewable and clean energy sources (such as wind energy and photovoltaics) in the electricity grid, and, in particular, by electrification of transport.Please find the work programme here.
Who should attend?
The event is suitable for anyone with an interest in participating in European projects in the forthcoming 2020 Batteries related topics. Delegates from all European Member States are encouraged to attend the event.
The event will provide delegates with the opportunity to:
- Gather information on forthcoming 2020 topics;
- Hear from current UK and European Battery Initiatives;
- Discuss and refine your project ideas with potential partners;
- Join consortia forming around forthcoming 2020 topics.
The following battery related Call Topics will be included:
To download the pitch template, click here. Deadline for returning pitches to email@example.com is 1st November 2019. In order to prevent oversubscription, pitches will be allocated on a balance of UK and EU, Business and Academia. There will be a maximum of 10 pitches based on the time slot available.
View and download the pitches here.
Other events of interest:
- 3 October: Horizon 2020 Photonics Workshop: Edinburgh
- 16 October: Horizon 2020 Photonics Workshop: Newport
- 30 October: Horizon 2020 Photonics Workshop: Daresbury
- 13 November: Horizon 2020 Photonics Workshop: Southampton