Innovate UK in the East of England 2018
Put this date in your diary to meet experts who can help you to understand:
- what a connected, digital future means for your business
- the latest £million funding opportunities from Innovate UK
- how to write more successful funding bids
- how we can connect you to the knowledge and resources you need to succeed
How will “Industry 4.0“, a connected, digital future impact your business?
To find out more about the strengths and scope of these sectors, see the East of England Science and Innovation Audit here http://www.gcgp.co.uk/east-england-sia/
09.30am: Welcome – Plenary
- What is today about? Introduction to Innovate UK, Howard Partridge, East of England Regional Manager
- Dr Tim Whitley, Managing Director, Research and Innovation BT
10am: Leading the Way
Ian Campbell, Director – Health and Life Sciences, Innovate UK
Nigel Walker, Head of Innovation Lending, Innovate UK
11.00am – Breakout sessions
Health and Life Sciences
Eastern Region Health and care Digital Innovation Hub
- Prof Gerard Parr, UEA
- Professor Erika Denton, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
- Mark Avery, Mark Avery Eastern Academic Health Science Network
- Chaired by Terry O’Neill, Head of Health, KTN
Manufacturing and Materials
This session will be discussing improved connectivity for the materials and manufacturing landscape and what the productivity and diffusion agenda means for this sector in the region.
- 4Manufacturing/KTN – Lampros Litos, Knowledge Transfer Network (Chair)
- Alice Reeve, Hethel Innovation
- Simon McCaldin, TWI Technology Centre
- Tim Mead, Innomech
- Sam Goodall, Cambridge Cleantech
Winning funding for your research and innovation – Masterclass
This workshop will outline what funding is available, who and what each programme is suitable for, tips for presenting a strong case for funding and what help there is available to prepare your applications.
- Liliya Serazetdinova, KTN
- Roger Hetherington, Enterprise Europe Network
12.15-1.15pm – Networking lunch
1.15pm – Afternoon breakout sessions
This session will explore the convergence of agri-food, health, and med tech sectors in our region, discuss opportunities for businesses and academic organisations for translating technologies and knowledge from adjacent sectors into agri-tech, and point participants towards areas of innovation that uniquely exploit this convergence.
- Mark Stewart, Innovation Manager, AbSugar
- Dr. Judith Irwin, John Innes Centre
- Professor Jon West, Rothamsted Research
Digital and ICT
Digital and ICT session looks to not only showcase the strength of the digital sector in the East but also how the recent funding announcements and future technologies offer further opportunities for cross-fertilization. The aim is to point businesses towards areas of innovation which have multiple opportunities.
- Sue Hessey, Head of Experience Transformation, BT
- Justin Paul, Marketing Director, Huawei Technologies
- Robin Meehan, Inasight
- Matthew Martin, Managing Director, Immersive VR Ltd
- Chaired by Jonathan Mitchener, Innovate UK
Innovation and Internationalisation in an Uncertain World
- Roger Hetherington, EEN
- Leszek Wysocki, Dept for International Trade
- Howard Partridge, Innovate UK
- Terry O’Neill, KTN
- Morgan Potter, New Anglia Growth Hub
- Chaired by Prof Nicholas Caldwell, University of Suffolk.
2.30pm – Meet the Family
We welcome you to talk to Innovate UK, Knowledge Transfer Network and Enterprise Europe Network
3.15pm – Close
Make a date and register today!