Materials Research Exchange 2018
The Materials Research Exchange is an exhibition and conference that will be held on 12-13 March 2018 at the Business Design Centre in London. Its aim is to showcase the best of the UK materials innovation from both the academic and industrial community, provide a platform to help develop commercial success of UK-generated materials innovation, inform industrial strategy and build links within the materials supply chain to strengthen the UK materials industrial base.
Our ambition is that this will be the UK’s biggest and finest materials innovation event of the year.
The last celebrated event in 2014, included exhibitions from virtually every major materials research group in the UK and keynote speakers from Morgan Advanced Materials, the European Commission and BIS (now BEIS). We will build on the results of the event with even more exhibition stands for academic and industrial exhibitors and more than 600 delegates, opportunities to meet the Advanced Materials Leadership Council, and attend targeted seminars.
Confirmed plenary speakers include:
- Dr Ruth McKernan CBE, Chief Executive Officer, Innovate UK;
- Prof Philip Nelson, Chief Executive, EPSRC;
- Rebecca Endean, Director of Strategy, UK Research and Innovation;
- and more to announce!
There will be:
- A quick-fire pitching event – highlighting Innovate UK Portfolio projects
- Targeted seminar on finance with investors
- Pitching training
- Session on technology transfer from our world class research base
- Academic seminars on a range of cutting edge areas such as graphene and nanotechnology
- A technology focus on high value manufacturing areas such as aerospace and automotive
- Working with the KTN, the organising team includes Innovate UK and EPSRC
To open the event, we have secured presentations from industry leaders, BEIS and board level members of Innovate UK, EPSRC and UKRI – providing the speakers with a platform underpinned with great research and technical content to reinforce the message of industrial collaboration and UK competitiveness achieved through a joined up landscape in advanced materials.
*Exhibitor tickets are now on sale. Select ‘Exhibitor Confirmed’ ticket type to book your shell scheme.
**Please note registration for delegates is to SAVE THE DATE and indicate whether you are interested in attending as a delegate only; actual delegate tickets will open shortly. The early bird registration is FREE until December 31st, 2017. We will notify you once the tickets go on sale.