Nature inspired solutions – What is hot in the North?
The aim of the event is to inform about nature inspired engineering and to show nature inspired solutions for industry in keynote talks and interesting showcases with ample time for discussion and networking. Register for the event to find out more about the latest innovations and research in this field. In particular we invite interested people from the North of England, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
There will also be an opportunity for interested peers to present at the event, as well as the opportunity for demonstrator exhibitions. To be selected, express your interest on the registration page and we will get in touch for further details.
We want to give an overview of the newly founded Nature Inspired Solutions Special Interest Group (NIS SIG) which is a UK network of nature inspired engineering solution providers and industry problem holders that can benefit from nature inspired solutions.
What is the NIS SIG aiming to do?
The aim is to convene people who wouldn’t normally meet; to learn, connect and explore opportunities. The SIG will initially focus on the application of NIS across transport, infrastructure and energy.
Joining the NIS SIG provides an opportunity to:
- Discover how nature inspired engineering can help you solve some of your biggest challenges.
- Seek support from the NIS community if you are a ‘challenge holder’.
- Showcase your research and demonstrate your nature inspired engineering solutions.
- Broaden your network and make meaningful connections leading to collaboration opportunities.
- Express your interest in the event if you want to find out more. In particular we invite interested people from the North of England, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
- As we are trying to get a good mix of academia, industry, government, funders and policy makers in the room, we are only able to confirm your place closer to date.
The Knowledge Transfer Network is collaborating with Heriot-Watt University in the organisation of this event of the NIS SIG.
Follow the link below for the full event agenda and registration.