Navigating the design to manufacture journey
Turning an idea into a commercial product is a challenge that faces many entrepreneurs, innovators and SMEs. The design to manufacture process must be given careful consideration to ensure that development costs, timelines and expectations are managed effectively.
Navigating this process can be daunting and good communication between stakeholders is vital. By understanding what designers and manufacturers value throughout the process, it becomes easier to build good working relationships and implement processes that will reduce costly and time consuming changes further along the development timeline.
This workshop will provide attendees with an opportunity to hear from representatives across the design to manufacture space who will share their own perspectives on the challenges and important considerations that should inform early stage product development.
This will be an interactive session and significant time will be allocated for questions and discussion.
Topics covered will include:
• Stakeholder alignment and communication
• Design and engineering processes
• Supply management
• Design Planning Tools
• Prototype manufacture
• Managing costs
• Risk management
• Change management
• IP ownership
What you can expect from this workshop:
• Actionable advice for innovators and SMEs looking to embark on the design to manufacture process
• A better understanding of the key considerations and challenges affecting designers and manufactures throughout the process
• An opportunity to create new commercial partnerships
Who this workshop is aimed at:
• Innovators – SMEs, spin-outs, academics
• Technology providers/systems integrators
• Design consultancies
• Contract manufacturers
Follow the link below for the full event agenda and registration.