Profiting By Design - Innovate Local
Learn about the Open Funding programme from Innovate UK available to any business across any sector, with regular funding rounds, each of circa £20M.
Discover how to Profit from Design, meet others to explore potential partnerships.
Innovate UK and Nottingham Trent University, are hosting, “Profiting by Design”.
Take part in a unique “Designathon” that will help you profit from design.
We will also be promoting local agency funding opportunities and support services.
Who should attend?:
Business that want to develop new leading edge products processes and systems that will increase their profits and help them grow.
Delegates can expect:
- Pointers and tips on achieving success in Innovate UK funding
- Valuable insights from previous Innovate UK funding winners
- An update on the Industrial Strategy Challenge Funding
- An overview of the support available locally and nationally to develop applications
- Brokerage sessions included as part of the day
- Hear from the Director of the Innovate UK Open Programme.
- Be inspired by success stories from previous winners of funding.
- Get tips and insight into what makes a winning application.
- Informal networking during breaks throughout the day.
- Book 1-to-1 meetings with the Growth Hubs, KTN, EEN.
09:15 Registration: networking and access to Exhibition
09.45 – Official Welcome
10:30 – Keynote Speech: Paul Mason- Innovate UK Open Programme
10:50 – Panel – Success from Design
10:10 – Introductory Case Studies on Profiting by Design
11:00 – Case Studies
Panel Discussion & Q&A
11:30 – Morning Break: networking and Exhibition
12:00 – Keynote Speech: Prof Peter Ford (Impacting Business by Design)
12:20 – Panel Discussion/Q&A
12:40 – Case Studies
Panel Discussion/ Q&A
13:00 – Lunch: networking and access to Exhibition and optional Surgeries.)
14:00 – Afternoon Parallel Sessions:
Room A) NTU Impacting Business by Design
Room B) KTN Grants.
Room C) EEN- Innovate 2 Succeed
Room D) KTPs and Working with Universities
Room E) Growth Hubs
15:00 Break: networking and access to Exhibition
15:15 Designathon: Fun, fast design Challenge – a chance to develop practical skills and help solve an industrial strategy grand challenge (Nottingham Civic Exchange).