Prospering from the Energy Revolution Conference
You, like us, will be only too aware of the fast-developing situation with regards to the COVID-19 pandemic. The safety and wellbeing of our attendees and staff is our priority, so we have decided to move the showcase event from a physical meeting to an online webinar.
We recognise that many businesses and individuals would be unable to travel or attend in person and therefore feel we will get a much better response by moving online. This decision has not been taken lightly and we fully appreciate that many of you will be as disappointed as we are! However, we hope you appreciate the unique circumstances that have led us to this decision.
We are very keen to ensure that we continue to deliver an event that provides a valuable opportunity to learn about the programme, network and connect with others. If you had booked to attend this event, on Tuesday, you will receive joining instructions for the webinar taking place on Wednesday 18th March from 10.00am. The agenda for the virtual event mirrors the majority of the content from the live event. In addition to the presentations and panel discussions which will take place online you will be able to join the ‘meeting mojo’ app to book video meetings with the projects taking place during lunchtime.
The exhibition posters which were to be displayed at the event will now be available to all registered participants digitally and we will also provide you with a link to the event brochure giving details of all the projects and their contacts details to allow you to follow up with them after the event.
Once again, we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
If you have any queries, please contact the KTN (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This event will allow you to learn about the cutting-edge approaches to local energy systems that are being developed and demonstrated as part of the UK Government’s Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund. It will present the latest energy system projects funded through the Prospering from the energy revolution programme which will deliver cleaner, cheaper, energy for consumers, while creating high value jobs and world-leading capability across for the UK.
It will revolutionise energy management for consumers through new smart systems that can deliver energy according to the society’s needs and wants from a modern energy supply that is clean, efficient and affordable. The local energy systems link energy supply, storage and demand patterns across power, heating and transport to improve efficiency, resilience, infrastructure productivity and service to consumers.
The Showcase event will comprise:
- Short pitches from the funded energy system projects to give an overview of their energy system design/demonstration
- Panel discussion with UK energy system experts to discuss how we accelerate the move towards local energy systems of the future
- Session with EnergyRev, the academic consortium supporting the programme through academic research in the areas of energy systems, consumer engagement, data and ai, policy and finance.
- Session with ERIS (Energy Revolution Integration Service) provided by the Energy Systems Catapult who are providing advice to the funded projects on business models, commercialisation and system thinking.
- Session from a range of investors on what they are looking for, the do’s and don’ts of securing investment and how best to onboard an investor into your company
Some of the topics covered by the funded projects include; Power generation, supply and storage, Heating/cooling generation, supply and storage, Energy for transport (power and gas), Digital integration and system optimisation, Energy trading.
For more information about the UK Government programme visit: Prospering from the energy revolution