Showcasing Emerging Technologies 2018 – Compound Semiconductors
The Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN) is organising an Emerging Technologies Showcase event to show off new compound semiconductor technologies from UK universities and their spinout companies. Exhibitors will demonstrate their emerging compound semiconductor technologies and talk about how they work and may be used in potential applications.
Brought to you by the KTN’s Emerging Technologies and Industries team and the Compound Semiconductor Special Interest Group, the showcase will introduce you to new compound semiconductor technologies from the UK’s research base and put you in touch with university enterprise managers and knowledge transfer offices.
Our aim is to help disseminate emerging compound semiconductor technologies that can be commercialised or have a positive impact on society or the environment.
We will facilitate new collaborations with industry and end users to take these technologies forward and apply them in the development of new products and services.
Additionally, we will provide support and facilitation to enable collaborative projects with industry to identify and apply for grant funding to take those projects forward.
Showcase Format: The showcase will open with an introduction from the KTN’s Emerging Technologies and Industries team and include information on funding opportunities. Following this, a talk on commercialising emerging technologies aims to guide would be entrepreneurs and those looking for equity funding. This will be followed by 7-minute presentations from each of the exhibitors.
The technology demonstrators will be exhibited around a room, each within its own space, where delegates can view the demonstrators, gain knowledge and ask questions. The goal is to allow delegates and exhibitors to network as much as possible during and after lunch.
Who Should Attend?
- Investors, Business Angels, VCs
- Industry R&D managers and directors
- Product development managers
- Public sector officers involved in: Health; Transport; Energy; Security; R&D and innovation; Environment
- Compound Semiconductor experts
- New product designers
- Learn about emerging compound semiconductor technologies
- Find new technologies for your applications
- Form new collaborative partnerships
- Identify new project opportunities
- Develop new commercial products
- Increase your innovation impact
10:00 Welcome & Introduction
10:05 Funding Opportunities
10:10 How to Commercialise Emerging Technologies
10:30 Exhibitor Presentations 1
11:30 Break, Networking & Exhibition
12:00 Exhibitor Presentations 2
13:00 Update on UKRI
13:20 Lunch, Networking & Exhibition
Advanced Hall Sensors Ltd
– Microstructural Analysis of Steel and Related Materials
Integrated Compound Semiconductors Ltd
– Devices for RF and Optical devices for the 5G wireless, 10G/25G/100G Telecom and Datacom Markets
Amethyst Research Ltd & Lancaster University
– Novel infrared detectors
University of Surrey
– Photonic Semiconductor Device Technologies for Energy, Sensing and Communications
Advanced Epi Materials and Devices Ltd
– Mass Scale Silicon Carbide Material and Sensors
DZP Technologies Ltd
– 3D-Printable Electrical Interconnects
– Sub-title: Micro-extruded silver ink interconnects for power electronics applications
– Telecoms Wavelength VCSEL Lasers
The Thinking Pod Innovations Ltd. & University of Nottingham
– Power Electronic Converter-in-Package
CST Global Ltd
– Custom Foundry Services
Compound Semiconductor Applications Catapult Ltd
– Dual Channel Amplifier for 5G
Nottingham Trent University
– Laser Annealing of Thin Film Semiconductors
INEX Microtechnology Ltd
– GaN MMIC Foundry Process
University of Bristol
– TherMap – Rapid, Non-Destructive Thermal Characterisation