UK Agri-Tech Centres Capabilities to “Transform Food Production” Event - Plant & Crop Focus
Building on the success of a similar event last year, this year’s Agri-Tech Centres Showcase is bigger and better. There will be two events with individual events focused on either the Crop or Livestock sectors. Delegates can choose to attend either or both events. All events are free, fully catered and for invited guests only (you can register an Expression of Interest in being added to the invite list).
Both events will be held at Cockle Park Farm, which is a fully operational farm owned by Newcastle University, so the technologies on display will be aimed at practical application on farm. There will also be a theme to demonstrate how the Agri-Tech Centres can contribute to the UK’s Industrial Strategy of “Transforming Food Production” with a focus on the development and adoption of disruptive data-driven solutions.
This event will enable key decision makers and end users from across the Agri-Food supply chain to find out more about the capabilities of the Agri-Tech Centres and particularly the leading R&D capabilities and unique facilities accessible from each Centre.
The event will provide delegates with an excellent opportunity to find out about how you can collaborate with the Centres and benefit from these capabilities. You will be able to:
- See live demonstrations of cutting-edge technology and facilities from all four Centres.
- Speak with key staff from the Centres, who will be happy to explore how they can help you and your organisation.
- Hear about funding opportunities for Agri-Tech R&D.
- Network with key people from across the agri-food industry, research, government and funding organisations such as Innovate UK.
A full programme will be confirmed in due course, with the event running from 9:30 – 4:30 with the main part of the agenda consisting of demonstrations and tours of facilities before lunch, with presentations on case studies and funding opportunities and plenty of networking in the afternoon.
Please note the tours will include tours of outdoor facilities, so appropriate clothing is recommended.
Background to the Agri-Tech Centres
The Centres for Agricultural Innovation (or Agri-Tech Centres) are a collaborative model between the agri-tech sector and government, established as part of the UK Agri-Tech Strategy. There are four Centres covering all of UK Agri-Tech – further details can be found here.
There is ample free parking at the venue which is around 30-40 minutes drive from Newcastle city centre. If you are planning on using public transport we will endeavour to provide free transfers by pre-arranged transportation to and from certain locations to fit with the proposed agenda, subject to demand. Please indicate on registration which location you plan to arrive into to utilise this transfer.
Conditions of registration
- Places at this event are strictly limited, and attendance is by invitation only. If you are unable to attend but would like a colleague from your organisation to attend instead, please invite them to register via the link above.
- If you have not been specifically invited then you can submit an Expression of Interest to attend. Please do not book any travel until you receive formal confirmation direct from the KTN that you have been allocated a place to attend.
- As part of your registration for this event, your contact details will be made available to all four Agri-Tech Centres, the KTN and Innovate UK, as well as other government departments.
This registration link below is exclusively for the Plant & Crop event only. If you would alternatively or additionally like to attend the Livestock event please follow this link to a separate registration page.