WEBCAST: 3rd SMART Call for Projects in Advanced Manufacturing
It was announced in November 2018 by Innovate UK, that the United Kingdom will support the 3rd SMART Cluster Call with £2 million. Download the 3rd Call Brochure here.
This webinar will include an Introduction to SMART, a flexible, industry-driven EUREKA Cluster program in Advanced Manufacturing. Its aim is to promote collaborative, international & close-to-market R&D&I projects. There is also the opportunity for organisations to give a short pitch about their project ideas or expertise relevant to the topics during the webinar. If you wish to do so, please submit your pitch (template here) to Natalie Withenshaw at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 29th August 2019.
Webinar Date: 3rd September 2019
Webinar Start Time: 12:30 (UK) / 13:30 (CEST)
Information from your registration may be shared with organisers of the webinar including and external to KTN.
EUREKA is an intergovernmental network launched in 1985. Its aim is to support market-oriented R&D and innovation projects by industry, research centres and universities across all technological sectors. It is a global network of government ministries and innovation agencies of over 45 countries, who collaborate on research and innovation projects.
With its flexible and decentralised network, EUREKA offers project partners:
- rapid access to skills and expertise across Europe
- national public and private funding schemes
EUREKA Clusters are thematic public private partnerships which convene projects between SMEs, large industry and academia across EUREKA countries. There are currently seven different Clusters in different technological fields. As part of supporting increased international UK business involvement, the UK has already taken part in two EUREKA Cluster Calls. Find more information about EUREKA here.
– Introduction, Jane Watkins, Knowledge Transfer Manager – European Programmes, KTN
– Introduction to the 3rd SMART Call for Projects, Joseba Bilbatua, SMART Director / Aritz Arteche, SMART Programme Coordinator
– Craig Sharp, National Contact Point – Advanced Manufacturing, Innovate UK
– Pitch Opportunity
(To download the pitch template, click here. Deadline for returning pitches to email@example.com is Thursday 29th August 2019. In order to prevent oversubscription, pitches will be allocated on a balance of UK and EU, Business and Academia. There will be a maximum of 10 pitches based on the time slot available.)
– Close, Jane Watkins, Knowledge Transfer Manager – European Programmes, KTN
- To help participants find partners for their projects, there is a SMART PO Proposer’s Day 2019 on the 3rd October 2019, in Leuven, Belgium. Registration is now open here.
- Travel Support is available for this event, click here to find out more and to apply.
- The 3rd SMART Call for Projects in Advanced Manufacturing will open on 9th September 2019, deadline for submission will be November 2019.