WEBCAST: ISCF Transforming Food Production - The Next Phase
The Industrial Strategy sets out Grand Challenges to put the UK at the forefront of the industries of the future, ensuring that the UK takes advantage of major global changes, improving people’s lives and the country’s productivity.
The £90 million Transforming Food Production programme aims to integrate current world-class UK capabilities (digital technologies, artificial intelligence, engineering, biological, environmental and social sciences) into precision approaches both within new novel production systems and traditional agricultural systems to target net zero emissions.
Transforming Food Production objectives
- Create integrated data-driven solutions to drive primary agricultural productivity whilst driving towards net zero emissions
- Embed adoption of precision approaches to bridge the productivity gap, strengthening connections between researchers, businesses and practitioners
- Stimulate the establishment of novel high value production systems to position UK technologies at the forefront of new industries
- Drive growth in UK precision technology companies, creating high value jobs and adding value in the UK agricultural value chain
- Develop export opportunities and increase investment into UK research and innovation
The Next Phase of Transforming Food Production
At this event, you will be provided with:
- Industry experts’ views on why we need to transform food production and what transformation looks like
- An overview of the competitions and activities to be launched over the coming six months as part of the next phase of the Transforming Food Production programme
The briefing will provide information about the competition objectives, eligibility, scope and timeline as well as application guidance advice –from the Innovate UK competitions team.
For more information on the Future Food Production Systems competition, please click here.
Find the slides from all KTN webcasts via Slideshare.
Follow the link below for the full event agenda and registration.