Collaborate to Innovate - an event to help your business innovate and grow
Are you a business eager to understand the meaning and the value of innovation and the link between innovation, collaboration and growth? Innovate UK is coming to the West Midlands to support the area’s growth ambitions and sector strengths.
Put this date in your diary to meet experts who can help you take your business to the next level.
It’s hosted by organisations that focus on helping businesses collaborate, innovate and grow: Innovate UK, Knowledge Transfer Network, Europe Enterprise Network, the Catapult Centres in collaboration with regional and local partners including Innovation Alliance West Midlands and local Growth Hubs in the West Midlands.
The event will be opened by Dr Ian Campbell, Chief Executive of Innovate UK, with keynote address from Sarah Windrum, CEO of the Emerald Group, Board Member of West Midlands Combined Authority and Board Director of Coventry and Warwickshire LEP. There will be plenty of opportunities to hear from and talk to representatives of the Catapult centres in the West Midlands (specifically High Value Manufacturing and Energy Systems), as well as local Growth Hubs and universities about their work with and support to businesses.
What you will learn:
- What makes a business successful
- What is innovation and how can you get involved
- How collaboration can fuel your innovation capability and business growth
- The latest funding opportunities from Innovate UK, the National Funding Agency which supports business-led innovation
- How to prepare for and write successful funding bids
- What are the West Midlands sector strengths and growth priorities
- How to connect to regional and local support networks and programmes you need to succeed
This event is for you if you are:
- A business that hasn’t engaged with us before and want to find out more about how we can help
- A small or medium size business or an academic organisation interested in innovation
- Someone who is part of the innovation / ecosystem
Why are we organising this event?
Innovation is not just the next Apple, Tesla or Amazon – many businesses innovate without realising that what they’re doing is novel. As well as new technologies and shiny widgets, innovation also encompasses new processes, business models, supply chain collaborations and management practices. We want to demystify innovation and showcase companies in the West Midlands that are successfully collaborating, innovating, and growing.
We know that collaborative partnerships, across business and academia, stimulate innovation and growth opportunities. That’s why we want to help you understand how you can enhance your business’ productivity to become more resilient and competitive. We can help you connect to our networks and partners, new supply chains and investors. Don’t miss out on the chance to hear about funding opportunities and tips on preparing a successful application. We will also be highlighting the priorities in the West Midlands and your local business support organisations.
Follow the event on Twitter and LinkedIn #InnovateWestMidlands
This event is free but spaces are limited so book now following the link below.