Agri-tech Catalyst round 7: Agriculture and Food Systems Innovation
There is up to £3 million of funding available from the Department for International Development (DFID) for early-stage feasibility studies, mid stage industrial research and late-stage experimental development. Projects must work on agri-tech and food chain innovations with partners in eligible African countries.
The aim of this competition is to increase the pace of development and scale of uptake of agricultural and food systems innovation by farmers and food systems actors (such as manufacturers, processors, retailers, distributors or wholesalers) in Africa.
All projects must be collaborative and must include at least one partner from the UK and one from an eligible African country. All funding for businesses and research organisations will be sent through the administrative lead organisation.
If your project’s total costs or duration fall outside of the eligibility criteria, email email@example.com at least 10 days before the competition closes for approval.
Briefing and Consortia Building Events
Thursday, 27 September 2018, London | Friday, 5 October, Edinburgh
KTN is organising free briefing and consortia-building workshop for this competition on Thursday, 27 September 2018 in London and a networking event on Friday, 5 October in Edinburgh. The aim of the workshops is to enable potential applicants to get a better understanding of the competition process, rules and scope. The workshops are also designed to help with networking and consortia building, and the London event offers a great opportunity for delegates to pitch their capabilities to potential collaborative partners.
* Please note, to ensure an appropriate mix of delegates from different sectors, and across industry and academia, we are operating a ‘registration of interest system’.
- Online briefing event – 10 September 2018
- London briefing event – 27 September 2018 (register your interest in attending here)
- Edinburgh networking event – 5 October 2018 (register your interest in attending here)
- Registration closes – 21 November 2018 12:00pm
- Competition closes – 28 November 2018 12:00pm