Biomedical Catalyst 2018 round 2: primer award
Biomedical Catalyst supports the development of innovative healthcare products, technologies and processes. These can include:
- disease prevention and proactive management of health and chronic conditions
- earlier and better detection and diagnosis of disease, leading to better patient outcomes
- tailored treatments that either change the underlying disease or offer potential cures
This is a competition for a primer award in the Biomedical Catalyst.
The primer award supports a technical evaluation of your idea through to proof of concept in a model system, and can include:
- experimental evaluation (at laboratory scale)
- initial demonstration using in vitro and in vivo models (but not human clinical trials such as safety or efficacy)
- exploring potential production mechanisms
- early-stage prototyping
- product development planning
- intellectual property protection
The Biomedical Catalyst has 4 types of funding award. These are: feasibility, primer, early stage and late stage. The late stage award is running alongside this one. They are designed to help SMEs developing a product or process to provide an innovative solution to a health and care challenge. The scheme supports progression from initial concept through to late stage development.