Commercialisation of quantum technologies 4
Innovate UK is to invest up to £6 million in quantum technologies.
The aim of this competition is to encourage the commercialisation of quantum technologies. It will help businesses undertaking commercialisation, research or development projects in this area to develop new markets and technologies.
The scope of this competition allows for both technical and non-technical projects. This includes projects that focus on understanding the business or market opportunity and challenges.
These projects will develop and establish feasibility for devices that exploit one or more of the following phenomena:
The scope also allows for component technologies. These will be important in the construction of future quantum systems or subsystems. They include but are not limited to:
- vacuum systems
- stabilised laser systems
- integrated systems, including integrated lasers and vacuums
- algorithms, control and interpretation software
- single photon light sources and detectors
These projects will involve work to understand:
- future markets
- applications or business models
- the route to future commercialisation
- adoption of quantum technologies
This may include projects that involve one or more of the following activities:
- knowledge exchange, learning and understanding of quantum technologies and their potential applications
- capture of user, performance or testing specifications (either to the applicant or customer organisation)
- internal ‘roadmapping’ activities
The UK National Quantum Programme is funding this competition.