Commercialising quantum technology: technology projects round 1, full stage
The aim of the competition is to address technological barriers to the commercial or industrial exploitation of quantum technologies in the UK. Your project must focus on one or more of the following technical barriers:
- Connectivity: techniques for securing data in storage and in flight.
- Situational awareness: autonomous systems; sensors and detectors for the built environment, transport and infrastructure; and imaging and sensing to “see things currently invisible”.
- Computing: transformational computers for solving intractable problems.
Your project must also:
- exploit second generation quantum techniques
- demonstrate how the technological advance will accelerate the commercialisation and industrialisation of quantum technologies in the UK
Your application’s lead organisation must be a business unless a research and technology organisation (RTO) gained approval from Innovate UK to lead at the expression of interest phase.
This is the full competition, following the expression of interest phase.
Only successful expression of interest applicants are eligible to apply for funding in this phase. You will be required to attend an interview if successful – these will take place in Swindon in the week commencing 26th March 2020.
Your project’s total eligible costs must be between £4 million and £20 million. The total grant requested must be below £10 million.
Projects must be collaborative and must last between 18 and 36 months. Projects must start by the end of September 2020.
If your project’s total eligible costs or duration fall outside of our eligibility criteria, you must provide justification by email to email@example.com at least 10 days before the competition closes.