Enabling data access in accountancy, insurance and legal services: CR&D
The aim of this competition is to speed up the responsible adoption of artificial intelligence (AI) and data technologies and solutions in the accountancy, insurance and legal sectors by enabling better access to data. UK Research and Innovation will invest up to £3.5 million to this effect.
This is the second stage of a 2-stage competition. It is only open to proposals for research and innovation projects that were developed during the first stage, the Innovation Lab.
Innovate UK are looking to fund a portfolio of projects across 3 sectors:
- Legal services
They will fund projects covering a range of technological, service and process maturities.
Your project’s proposals must focus on solutions that:
- identify and develop a data access method to enable AI application for one or more of the 3 sectors
- address incentives, opportunities and ongoing business models to ensure a sustainable data access approach
- consider broader, non-technical aspects of data access methods, including ethics, bias and privacy
Your proposal must:
- quantify how the solution can be exploited
- include a robust risk analysis on the sharing of data
- address any regulatory issues and constraints
- demonstrate the innovation or benefits that will be enabled through the proposed data access method
- be clear on how the impact and benefits will be tracked and reported
We are looking to fund a portfolio of projects across the 3 sectors and varying technological, service and process maturities.
We are particularly encouraging applications that:
- address sector wide needs
- cover more than one of the 3 sectors,
- are from consortia that include all relevant stakeholders, for example regulators, users, service providers and technology providers
- are multi-disciplinary and include social sciences as well as science and engineering
- include plans on making the project self-sustainable at the end of the grant