Horizon 2020: For a Better Innovation Support for SMEs (H2020-INNOSUP-2018-2020)
*** Please refer to the Participant Portal for up to date information. ***
Small, innovative companies create the majority of new jobs in the European economy. Technological advances are making it easier and cheaper to start enterprises with limited own resources – but SMEs often struggle to scale up and create new jobs, including recruiting talent. There is a wide range of public sector support through grants, subsidised loans, equity, and innovation support services. Yet SMEs are often dissatisfied with these.
This call for proposals is part of a broader action to address these challenges and develop the ecosystem of innovation support to SMEs in Europe. The actions are designed to provide opportunities to Member States and regions to enhance their services through collaboration, and peer-learning. The emphasis is on testing new approaches for better innovation support, such as blockchain technologies, workplace innovation, a network for Open Innovation, training on advanced manufacturing, experimentation in innovation agencies and a tool for investors in financing SMEs.
The Enterprise Europe Network, the National Contact Points (NCPs) and the Member States are expected to continue playing an important role in implementing these pilot actions and transferring the result to their regions and managing authorities of their European Structural and Investment Funds (ESI Funds).
- Peer learning of innovation agencies (INNOSUP-05-2018-2020)
Innovation support agencies can apply for grants ranging from 15,00o and 50,000 euros to engage in peer learning activities. These peer learning activities should result in revising their support programme formats or introducing a new scheme. The next cut-off date is 16 October 2019.
- Cluster facilitated projects for new industrial value chains (INNOSUP-01-2018-2020) – Opening on 06 November 2018
- European SME innovation Associate – pilot (INNOSUP-02-2019-2020) – Opening on 16 October 2018
- Workplace innovation uptake by SMEs (INNOSUP-04-2019) – Opening on 16 October 2018
- European Open Innovation network in advanced technologies (INNOSUP-07-2019) – Opening on 05 February 2019
Click the Register button for more details.