Horizon 2020: Industrial Sustainability (H2020-NMBP-ST-IND-2018-2020)
*** Please refer to the Participant Portal for up to date and correct information. ***
The purpose of this call is to further strengthen the global leadership of Europe’s industry in environmental sustainability, through a combination of mature and disruptive technologies. Success will be seen in making measurable contributions to identified sustainable development goals.
This call contributes to the focus area ‘Connecting economic and environmental gains – the Circular Economy’ through:
- new technologies for the process industries such as industrial symbiosis and adaptation to new feedstock and sources of energy; and
- radical advances in catalysis.
It also contributes to the focus area ‘Building a low-carbon, climate resilient future’ through:
- the development of new materials and new technologies for renewable energy and energy storage; and
- new technologies for energy-efficient buildings.
The choice of topics supporting energy innovation reflects the four strategic priorities in Accelerating Clean Energy Innovation[[COM(2016) 763 final]]
- Strengthening EU leadership on renewables;
- Decarbonising the EU building stock by 2050: From nearly zero-energy buildings to energy-plus districts;
- Developing affordable and integrated energy storage solutions; and
The Research Fund for Coal and Steel Programme complements the Horizon 2020 Framework Programme in the sectors related to coal and steel industry.
Some topics under this call contribute to the objectives of the European Innovation Partnerships (EIPs) on Raw Materials and Water Efficiency.
Proposals for Research and Innovation Actions and Innovation Actions submitted under this call should include a business case and exploitation strategy, as outlined in the Introduction to the LEIT part of this Work Programme.
This call for proposals includes the following topics. Click on the topic to link directly to the Participant Portal.
For full details of the calls for proposals, please click the Register button below to link directly to the Participant Portal.