Increase productivity, performance and quality in UK construction
The aim of this competition is to invest in solutions to improve productivity, quality and performance of the UK construction sector. We are specifically looking for projects to improve the 3 core stages of the construction lifecycle:
- Designing and managing buildings through digitally-enabled performance management.
- Constructing quality buildings using a manufacturing approach.
- Powering buildings with active energy components and improving build quality.
Innovate UK are looking to fund collaborative projects that develop technologies, processes and business models that can:
- deliver new built assets 50% faster and 33% cheaper
- halve the lifetime carbon emissions
- improve whole-life performance
Projects must address the objectives of the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund on Transforming Construction and show how they will contribute to its impact. Projects will be prioritised which demonstrate cross-sector collaboration and scalable solutions.
Proposals must be led by a UK based for-profit business.
Projects must start by December 2018 and end by December 2020.
Register for a briefing event to find out more:
If you are unable to attend in person you can also register for the webcast on the 23rd July here.