SBRI funding competition: clinical decision support in emergency care
NHS Scotland and the Scottish Government is to invest up to £55,000 in innovative data analytics. These should improve patient management and enhance clinical decision making within the emergency care department.
This is a Small Business Research Initiative (SBRI) competition. The aim is to develop data analytics that will enable clinicians to make informed, safe and timely decisions.
The competition is looking for proposals that:
- can support evidence-based clinical decision-making
- could predict length of stay (resource utilisation) based on available data
- could predict mortality based on available data
This competition has 2 phases. We have allocated up to £10,000 for phase 1 and up to £45,000 for phase 2.
- phase 1: technical feasibility. Projects should last up to 12 weeks and range in size up to a total cost of £2,000
- phase 2: development, evaluation and testing. Projects should last up to 9 months and range in size up to a total cost of £15,000