Smart local energy systems: demonstrators
Innovate UK, as part of UK Research and Innovation, will invest up to £40 million from the Prospering from the Energy Revolution Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund. This competition aims to invest in up to 3 world-leading practical smart energy systems demonstrators. These will include new business models that intelligently link supply, storage and demand patterns across power, heating and transport.
The result will be a dynamic energy system that can:
- dramatically reduce whole system energy costs and emissions
- transform services to users
- improve efficiency, productivity and resilience
- reduce environmental impacts
Projects must demonstrate new, smarter, local energy approaches at scale, which can:
- provide cleaner, cheaper, more desirable energy services for the end user
- lead to more prosperous and resilient communities
- prove new business models that are suitable for investment and can grow and replicate in the 2020s
- provide evidence on the impacts and efficiency of novel energy system approaches by the early 2020s
To help support businesses with this competition there will be a workshop held on the 21st May in London.