Transforming UK construction round 2: MMC, digital and whole-life performance
Innovate UK, part of UKRI, will invest up to £10 million in UK businesses undertaking collaborative research and development (CR&D) projects. Such projects should go beyond the state-of-the-art in improving productivity, quality and performance of the UK construction sector.
This funding is from the Transforming Construction Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund, part of the Construction Sector Deal.
Your project must focus on one or more of the following themes:
- digital information management, tools, systems and standards
- modern methods of construction (MMC) and platform based approaches
- whole-life asset performance, including active buildings
- business models, procurement, analytics, benchmarking and metrics
- financial, assurance, warranty and lending products
You should demonstrate how your project will deliver on the Transforming Construction Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund themes and the commitments detailed in the Construction Sector Deal. This must include significant industry investment (some exclusions will apply, refer to Projects we will not fund). Applicants should state how their projects will support the objectives of the Transforming Infrastructure Performance(TIP) strategy or the Transport Infrastructure Efficiency Strategy (TIES) as appropriate.