team, working to connect people to
speed up innovation
Part of the UK government’s industrial strategy for the automotive sector focuses on the development of ultra-low emission vehicles, with the first step to build the UK capability in battery technologies through programmes that currently include the Faraday Challenge. This post will be based within the Transport team and will support the broad objectives set out in the Industrial Strategy and Clean Growth Strategy to develop and exploit technology innovation to build the UK supply chain around manufacture and exports of low emission vehicle (for 2+ wheeled, on- and off-road, passenger and freight vehicles) systems. The scope will be broad and include an appreciation and understanding of integration of a wide range of low emission technologies with other on-vehicles and off-vehicle systems including CAV (connected and autonomous vehicles) and power electronics, and the current and aspirational charging and refueling infrastructures for electric and alternative-fuelled vehicles.
The postholder will have a demonstrable understanding of on-and off-platform low emission vehicle technologies, engineering and charging/fuelling infrastructures, with a knowledge of the technology landscape and supply chain for such technologies. They will also have an appreciation of the interplay between energy generation, chemical sciences, CAV, transport infrastructure, and business models such as vehicle to grid (V2G).
Reporting to: Head of Transport
- First point of contact for automotive low emission matters and business enquiries in the KTN – both internally and externally.
- Key relationship manager for innovative automotive companies in the UK.
- Working collaboratively to support Innovate UK technologists and technical staff in other government departments/agencies on automotive low emission related topics.
- Acting as an automotive low emissions innovation network facilitator and manager, improving and supporting engagement between business and academia (nationally and internationally), and government staff.
- Actively collaborating with KTN colleagues, to support the KTN vision.
- Being a positive ambassador for the KTN in all external engagement.
- The post-holder will be responsible for the development and delivery of the KTN on- and off-road automotive low emission work plan to meet KTN business goals.
- Ensure the KTN’s on- and off-road automotive activities provide good value to businesses in the automotive and related sectors.
- Develop, maintain and monitor relationships with KTN business contacts and key stakeholders including regular company visits.
- Build a strong and engaged community of UK innovators/innovation contributors within ULEV with a particular focus on business.
- Lead/manage a series of key programmes and/or events of relevance to a key UK industry sector or strategic technology.
- Engage across the KTN to stimulate cross-sector collaboration and support colleagues.
- Delivery of KTN KPIs, reports and CRM contents.
To view the full job description, click here.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th February 2018.