Agri-Tech in Australia Global Expert Mission Dissemination Webinar: recording and slides now available
Posted on 13/05/2020
The webinar presented the findings of the output report and gave delegates the opportunity to talk directly with representatives who went on the Mission in a Q&A Session. KTN hosted this event on behalf of Innovate UK and was presented by Simon Baty, KTN, Peter Dirken, Robert Crook, and Carol Sunderland, Innovate UK, Freddie Read, AgriEpi, and Sam Hoste, Department for International Trade.
A big thank you to the Speakers and Organisers and of course everyone who attended!
To help UK businesses become truly global enterprises through strategic collaboration, Innovate UK launched its Global Expert Missions in October 2017. Delivered by KTN, the missions provide an expert-led evidence base to strengthen Innovate UK’s global investment strategy: how and where it should invest to create UK business opportunities in partnerships with key economies.
Each mission has representatives from UK business, policy and research community, who:
1. Gather market insights and build expert foresights on new and emerging innovation sectors
2. Identify opportunities for international collaboration
3. Build a portfolio of technological and business priorities that will elevate the UK as the ‘Partner of Choice’ in future innovation partnerships with global partners
4. Facilitate international dialogues for the UK business community
5. Align innovation policy and unlock regulatory barriers for future partnerships
In February 2019, an Expert Mission travelled to Melbourne, Canberra and Sydney. This Mission sought to inform the UK’s international Agri-Tech Innovation strategy by exploring the Australian agri-tech landscape and examining opportunities to collaborate with Australian organisations. The UK delegation held meetings with a number of Australian stakeholders from industry, academia and government and insights from the Mission can be found in the Innovate UK Global Expert Mission ‘Agri-Tech Innovation in Australia 2019’ dissemination report. This successful mission was followed up by a Global Business Innovation Programme trip to Australia in February 2020.
Webinar recording (see below) and slides are now available:
Find the slides here.