Creating a movement for change - Transforming Construction Network Plus Conference 2019
Posted on 06/08/2019
The Transforming Construction Network Plus (N+) is holding its 2019 Annual Conference on 19 September at the Royal Society in London.
The N+ conference will feature renowned speakers from the UK and beyond – some advocating for new thoughts on the way we should build, some suggesting alternative routes and unique opportunities and some showcasing incredibly promising new projects.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Sam Stacey, Challenge Director, Transforming Construction Challenge, UK Research and Innovation
- Prof David Gann CBE, Professor of Innovation, Imperial College London
- Dr Anne Kemp OBE, Chair, UK BIM Alliance, and Director, Atkins
- Judit Kimpian, Chair, Sustainability Group at Architects’ Council of Europe
- Dr Daniel M. Hall, Associate Professor, ETH Zurich
- Mike Eggers, VP, Product & Innovation, Project Frog
- David Adams, Technical Director, Melius Homes
- John Pelton MBE, Programme Strategy Director, Palace of Westminster
The event will bring together industry and academic delegates from the construction, manufacturing, energy, social sciences and digital sectors. The N+ will also present for the first time the projects funded to support and contribute to the Transforming Construction Challenge and address some of the biggest obstacles currently facing the construction industry.
Administered by UK Research and Innovation and supported through the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund, the N+ is uniting academic and industrial communities to create a new research and knowledge base, dedicated to address the systemic problems holding back the sector.
With £1m to invest in a raft of new research projects over the next two years, the N+ mobilises a new movement in the construction community, bringing together experts from a range of disciplines to tackle the most pressing problems across the digital, energy, construction and manufacturing space.
Book your place at the conference here.