Discuss funding support for innovation in urban systems & designs to provide Electronic Vehicle charging infrastructure for on-street parking & wireless charging.
Posted on 28/03/2018
KTN will be facilitating 3 scoping workshops, on 30th April (Manchester), 1st May (Bristol) and 3rd May (London), to identify how support could be best directed in terms of scope, exploring such questions as:
1. What are the barriers to urban charging infrastructure deployments?
2. What innovative technologies, business models and infrastructure systems could be adopted to support zero emission capable vehicles in urban areas?
3. What are the high value opportunities and use cases for wireless charging?
4. What areas of focus for technology development offer the greatest potential for near term deployment of wireless charging at scale?
5. What are the biggest opportunities and risks?
We are interested in what new technology and approaches may be needed, what urban design approaches could be utilised and where new business models may need to be trialled in order to deliver value to zero emission vehicles drivers and operators in urban areas.
We want to hear from anyone with an interest in this area, particularly local authorities, which will have a huge impact on the uptake of this agenda. Also key are the views of large, medium and small companies, research organisations or universities, involved in any part of the supply chain including but not limited to automotive, energy, digital, built environment, infrastructure planners and housing and construction companies, business and service modelling and design, and human factors.
Expression of interest: If you are interested in attending the consultation event please register below to indicate your interest. As places are limited for the event you will be contacted by Monday 16th April to confirm if you have been allocated a place. We will initially restrict participant numbers to one per company or institution.
Conference: 25th & 26th June 2018
Venue: Jubilee Conference Centre, University of Nottingham