HMG Security Science & Technology – Industry and Academia Information Day
Posted on 02/07/2018
The Home Office, Department for Transport, Centre for the Protection of National Infrastructure and other departments and agencies, would like to present to industry and academia a forward look for their security science, technology and innovation programmes and funding opportunities.
The briefing day will be held on Thursday 19th July in Central London, in conjunction with the Joint Security and Resilience Centre (JSaRC), the Defence and Security Accelerator (DASA), the UK’s Security and Resilience Industry Suppliers Community (RISC) and the Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN).
At this event HMG will present an update on National Security Science and Technology programmes and priorities, and brief on opportunities and ways to work with government departments. In particular, HMG will be launching the following funding competition:
- Future Aviation Security Solutions (FASS) – FASS, a joint Home Office and Department for Transport programme which aims to deliver a step change in aviation security, will launch a new funding competition. Working with the Defence and Security Accelerator (DASA), this £1m FASS themed competition seeks solutions to improve the efficiency of vehicle checkpoint screening at airports. Find out more about this themed competition and working with FASS and DASA by attending the competition launch.
What will you get from the day?
An overview of the research that will be commissioned this year, including:
- more detail on the content, timing and value of funding competitions;
- how the research will be commissioned and information on Terms and Conditions;
- how you can bid into the Defence and Security Accelerator’s Open Call for Innovation;
- an overview of how best to approach Government with your innovative solutions and research ideas;
- the opportunity to network with policy makers, end users, academia and industry.