Inspiring Investment: A one-day intensive on how to perfect your investment pitch
Posted on 21/11/2019
Learn how to secure investment for your business!
*** All attendees will receive a copy of The Invested Investor book by Peter Cowley and they could also be eligible for Amazon web credits. Discount code also now available! Use code KTN99 ***
If you are an early stage company looking for funding, the Inspiring Investment workshops are for you. Led by industry experts, this full-day masterclass will cover the key market principles to funding success and show you how to stand out from the crowd.
- Find out about the UK’s investment ecosystem, from angel investors and VCs to crowd funders and grant providers
- Learn to strategically present your business by understanding what your investor audience is looking for.
- Understand the investment process from beginning to end, guaranteed jargon-free.
9.30AM – 12.30PM
- 30-second participants introduction
- Overview of ecosystem
- What types of investment for what stage in your journey
- What investors are looking for
- Pros and Cons of each investment type
- Competition to raise investment (the numbers!)
- What you need to compete
- 30-second elevator pitch
- 7-minute pitch
- Networking Lunch
- Business planning and finance
- Due Diligence
- How to magnify your investment value
- EIS/SEIS tax reliefs
- How to find investors and how to close your deal
Find a date that suits you:
Follow this event series on Twitter @KTNUK, @UKBAngels and #inspiringinvestment
Hear what past attendees have said about the workshop:
“Fantastic event – very informative and practical for new businesses looking to raise funds. The speakers were very knowledgeable, patient and answered all questions from the group!” – Cognitant
“The training led to our winning the 30-second Pitchfest competition at Innovate UK. This opened doors to meetings with angel investors and the VP R&D Telefónica” – Watch Over Me
“This was an enlightening process, from high-quality knowledge holders. I was left motivated and eagerly awaiting the slide deck so I could rewrite my pitch” – TaBA Associates