Inspiring Investment: A one-day intensive on how to perfect your investment pitch
Posted on 21/11/2019
Learn how to secure investment for your business!
If you are an early stage company looking for funding, the Inspiring Investment workshops are for you. Led by industry experts, this full-day masterclass will cover the key market principles to funding success and show you how to stand out from the crowd.
- Find out about the UK’s investment ecosystem, from angel investors and VCs to crowdfunders and grant providers
- Learn to strategically present your business by understanding what your investor audience is looking for.
- Understand the investment process from beginning to end, guaranteed jargon-free.
9.30AM – 12.30PM
- 30-second participants introduction
- Overview of ecosystem
- What types of investment for what stage in your journey
- What investors are looking for
- Pros and Cons of each investment type
- Competition to raise investment (the numbers!)
- What you need to compete
- 30-second elevator pitch
- 7-minute pitch
- Networking Lunch
- Business planning and finance
- Due Diligence
- How to magnify your investment value
- EIS/SEIS tax reliefs
- How to find investors and how to close your deal
Find a date that suits you:
Follow this event series on Twitter @KTNUK, @UKBAngels and #inspiringinvestment
Hear what past attendees have said about the workshop:
“Fantastic event – very informative and practical for new businesses looking to raise funds. The speakers were very knowledgeable, patient and answered all questions from the group!” – Cognitant
“The training led to our winning the 30-second Pitchfest competition at Innovate UK. This opened doors to meetings with angel investors and the VP R&D Telefónica” – Watch Over Me
“This was an enlightening process, from high-quality knowledge holders. I was left motivated and eagerly awaiting the slide deck so I could rewrite my pitch” – TaBA Associates