Invitation to quote for new intranet for KTN
Posted on 11/11/2019
KTN needs a robust and easy-to-use intranet to keep our staff updated and with easy access to necessary communications, documents and tools.
KTN has about 180 members of staff (many of whom work from home or travel a lot) and an expanding headcount, with new members constantly being added (1-3 per month) and needing to access relevant information and links. We need a site with flexibility to allow for changes in the future.
We are looking for competent and experienced developers, who have experience and knowledge in setting up internal websites. We expect developers to design, develop and launch a new intranet for KTN, working closely with key members of KTN staff throughout the process to ensure the project remains on-track and to requirements. We would also expect developers to train key users at KTN in how to operate the system from a ‘back-end’ perspective and guidance and support in rolling this out to the wider company to ensure seamless adoption of the new platform.
We would hope to have a beta site for testing in January 2020 and the full site launched in early March 2020: the full timescale is provided in the invitation to quote.
We expect quotes not to exceed £16,800 including VAT. However, if this is not the case, we will require a detailed justification to present to our Senior Management Team.
We would like to see initial ideas for the first 4 items below as part of developers’ application for this project. Points 5-9 will take place after the contract is awarded.
- Produce a Technical Specification outlining your technical solution for this contract.
- Produce an Implementation Plan – how the contractor proposes to deliver KTN’s specification.
- Design plan – We expect the contractor to produce examples of professional, user friendly, innovative design that offer a consistent, clear look and feel. The intranet should be mobile responsive and accessible across all browsers.
- Produce a Migration Plan – A planning document on the migration of content.
- Produce a beta site to test with some KTN users.
- Integration of content from existing intranet.
- Planning and launch of the new intranet.
- Training for admin users.
- Onboarding for all staff in how to use the platform.
To receive further information on how to apply, please contact Emma Bortnik to receive the full Invitation To Quote and our proposed terms and conditions for the contract.
The deadline for receiving quotes is 5pm on Friday 22nd November 2019, with contractors to be informed by 29th November 2019.