Join our team of experts and support UK manufacturing
Posted on 18/07/2019
To create sustainable economic growth through a programme of networking activities which accelerates the delivery of innovation in the UK manufacturing sector.
Reporting to: Head of Manufacturing
Grade: Knowledge Transfer Manager (KTM 2) Salary £37,737pa to £49,792pa (depending on experience)
Location: Home or office based working with significant UK travel and occasional international travel expected. (KTN have offices in London and Edinburgh)
The role will be based in KTN’s Manufacturing team which works to drive innovation in UK manufacturing, to strengthen the UK economy and improve people’s lives, by making compelling connections to cutting edge knowledge, creativity, facilities and funding. The role will include working with colleagues across all of KTN’s dedicated sector, thematic and technology teams, and members of the KTN network, to accelerate the delivery of UK innovation across a wide range of industrial sectors. Whilst part of the role will entail helping innovators to reach manufacturing fruition, there will be an emphasis on helping manufacturers to innovate and adopt innovations. The job holder will support initiatives such as the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund along with the exploration and delivery of new business growth opportunities.
- Support development and delivery of KTN delivery plans and projects relating to manufacturing.
- Engage with manufacturing companies to identify their opportunities, needs and capabilities, and make strategic introductions that drive innovation, recording these on KTN’s CRM software.
- Maintain awareness of innovative manufacturing technologies, approaches and business models, and providers of knowledge, services and facilities that can enable their deployment.
- Development of sector wide and system-level solutions through engagement with a full range of the KTN network.
- Lead on the delivery of workshops to address complex industrial challenges with attendance from senior members of staff from UK business and research organisations.
- Assist with reporting obligations to key stakeholders on project progress, performance and impact.
- Grow the network of stakeholders which recognise the paid service delivery capability of KTN.
- To lead and be a team member in specific tasks which drive innovation in manufacturing, for example through the deployment of innovative digital technologies or the deployment of business models such as servitisation.
- To develop and maintain relationships with high growth potential businesses in manufacturing.
- To directly assist businesses providing support through knowledge transfer, making relevant new connections, facilitating collaborations and mentoring applications for funding.
- To engage businesses with the Innovate UK/UK Research and Innovation assets (eg. the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund)
- To capture, record and communicate the outcomes resulting from KTN interventions, seeking case studies and metrics (KPI) capture.
- To maintain a strong relationship with relevant counterparts in Innovate UK, UK Research and Innovation and other relevant stakeholders.
- To plan and deliver dissemination, scoping and networking meetings, encouraging cross-sector involvement where possible.
- To seek new opportunities for KTN, with potential for new revenue.
- To contribute to KTN wide communications and projects, helping colleagues as required.
- To support KPI delivery and provide regular reporting of activity and outcomes.
Applicants must have the existing and ongoing right to work in the U.K without restrictions, as sponsorship for visas is not provided.
To view the complete job description, click here.
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Applications that are submitted without a CV and covering letter will be automatically withdrawn from the process.
All applications must be received by 12th August (deadline was briefly extended but has now been closed, apologies).
Interview dates will be confirmed once applications are received.