Join us for our Quantum Technologies Global Expert Mission Dissemination WEBINAR
Posted on 23/03/2020
Date: 27 March 2020
Time: 10am to 12:30pm (UK time)
To help UK businesses become truly global enterprises through strategic collaboration, Innovate UK launched its Global Expert Missions in October 2017. Delivered by the Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN), the missions provide an expert-led evidence base to strengthen Innovate UK’s global investment strategy: how and where it should invest to create UK business opportunities in partnerships with key economies.
Each mission has representatives from UK business, policy and research community, who:
1. Gather market insights and build expert foresights on new and emerging innovation sectors
2. Identify opportunities for international collaboration
3. Build a portfolio of technological and business priorities that will elevate the UK as the ‘Partner of Choice’ in future innovation partnerships with global partners
4. Facilitate international dialogues for the UK business community
5. Align innovation policy and unlock regulatory barriers for future partnerships
In November 2019, an Expert Mission travelled to Washington DC, Colorado and California, and builds on the work of a previous group who visited the Boston area in September. These Missions sought to inform the UK’s international strategy for Quantum Technologies by exploring the US quantum landscape and examining opportunities to collaborate with US organisations. Meetings were held with large companies (Google, Honeywell), SMEs (Rigetti, Psi Quantum etc) and academic institutions (Caltech, Stanford, University of Colorado), and evidence taken from all of the relevant US government agencies (DoD, DoE, AFRL, NASA etc).
This webinar will present the findings of the output report and give delegates the opportunity to talk directly with representatives who went on the Mission.
To register for the webinar, click here!