KTN is hiring: Head of Complex Systems
Posted on 16/05/2019
To design and lead a portfolio of activities related to a priority community or theme, including managing a team of staff to deliver knowledge transfer for businesses in support of growing the UK economy. Activities will include core grant delivery and new projects, including development of new revenue.
Reporting to: Director (B)
Grade: Senior Manager, level 1 -2
Salary: £52,000 – £72,000 per annum, depending on experience (full time)
Scope: Complex Systems
The role will provide technical capability in the area of complex systems and the key purpose is the management of a team and portfolio of projects to ensure successful delivery of projects and KPIs. Complex systems encompasses all sectors commonly addressed by systems engineering and includes the topics of robotics and artificial intelligence, industrial mathematics and space.
Location: Home or office based working with considerable UK travel expected.
- Management of a high performing team – balancing resource allocation to ensure a strong contribution to KPIs while exemplifying KTN values and behaviours
- Development and delivery of KTN annual plans (partially in response to Innovate UK delivery plan)
- Leadership in the area of Complex Systems, particularly in the cross-sector application of systems and technologies to meet stakeholder business needs
- Effective relationship with counterparts at Innovate UK and other key stakeholders, this is a cross-cutting role and there are several key stakeholders to engage with
- Engagement with high growth potential businesses (including identifying and managing a portfolio of relevant companies to meet KTN objectives)
- Identify, win and deliver a suite of external projects to meet KTN revenue targets
- Timely reporting and progress towards meeting targets for KPIs
- To develop and manage a high performing team of KT Managers and Specialists, well engaged with KTN values and to a level where they can act with (agreed) autonomy in meeting the delivery plan
- To develop and deliver an annual Complex Systems Delivery Plan, to include meeting Innovate UK plans (as defined at the start of the year), developing new areas (from within and outside the “sector”) and generating new opportunities for additional KTN revenue
- To exploit synergies across the Complex Systems area; seeking and exploiting cross-cutting opportunities for innovation with other sectors and technologies
- To be responsible for good financial practice, ensuring timely input of timesheets, invoices etc. and delivering to an agreed external budget, observing team expenses claims
- To help set the direction of the sector area in collaboration with the Director and relevant Specialist(s), maintaining high attention to support for businesses with high growth potential
- To work effectively across the KTN sector boundaries to identify opportunities for collaboration and innovation, capitalising on the Complex Systems team’s knowledge and capabilities.
- To champion the understanding and development of the Complex Systems agenda, maintain strong relationships with relevant counterparts at Innovate UK and other key stakeholders
- To support career development of the staff, with particular emphasis on experience across communities and maintaining or enhancing technical, market or functional capability
- To work collegiately with colleagues to deliver best practice in areas such as knowledge transfer, innovation, events delivery, communications, project management
- To contribute as a member of the Leadership Team promoting KTN values and behaviours and delivering change programmes
- To support KPI delivery and provide regular reporting of activity and outcomes.
Applicants must have the existing and ongoing right to work in the UK, as sponsorship is not provided.
Download the complete job description here.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Applications that are submitted without a CV and covering letter will be automatically withdrawn from the process.
All applications must be received by Monday 10th June.
Telephone interviews will be conducted on 20th & 21st June, and Face to Face Interviews will be on 12th & 15th July.