KTN is hiring: Knowledge Transfer Manager – Intelligent Systems
Posted on 04/10/2019
Robotics and Artificial Intelligence (RAI) are significant globalised technologies applicable to every sector. The UK’s extensive industrial and academic research base has immense potential to impact on home and global markets. The Robotics & Artificial Intelligence Special Interest Group (RAI SIG) addresses this opportunity enabling UK RAI innovators to connect, access markets and showcase their capability.
The Robotics & Artificial Intelligence team is looking for a determined, bright, analytical and goal-orientated individual to deliver business-facing knowledge transfer activates aimed at stimulating innovation in RAI with potential to grow the UK economy. Apply by 26th October 2019.
In particular, the role is to promote and drive knowledge transfer between the research base and industry; between the RAI industries and other sectors, where there is the potential for disruptive innovation; and to help businesses access the right knowledge, collaborators and investments to develop new products, processes and services.
The post will be extremely varied, working with organisations across the RAI industries, but with a focus on opportunities driven by industrial challenges and the application of new, transformative RAI technologies into vertical sectors.
The role will also be highly flexible, working across the KTN to meet demand for new opportunities as they emerge. The post offers significant scope for personal development and would especially suit an enthusiastic applicant with the desire to define and deliver a cross-sectorial agenda. Applications from candidates bringing diversity and fresh thinking to the role are particularly welcome.
Reporting to: Head of Complex Systems
Grade: Knowledge Transfer Manager (KTM), Level 1
Salary: £31,447 – £39,310 (depending on experience)
Location: Based from home or within one of two office locations (Central London or Edinburgh), with considerable UK travel expected
Scope: Intelligent Systems (Robotics, Autonomous Systems, Artificial Intelligence)
This role will work within the RAI team supporting the successful delivery of the Robotics & Artificial Intelligence Special Interest Group (RAI SIG). Special Interest Groups are a very high-profile activity at KTN and a mechanism for delivering cross convening activity with cross disciplinary teams. They are strategically important, innovative and have external visibility.
The role will also work closely with sector teams across the Complex Systems Group (Robotics & Artificial Intelligence, Security & Defence, Space & Geospatial and Industrial Maths) and the wider KTN to identify and understand how RAI technologies relate to and can be applied within other established or emerging sectors.
The successful candidate will also engage with Innovation Support Programmes such as the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund and other UKRI initiatives.
- Building and maintaining a good rapport with key stakeholders in RAI technologies from relevant companies, universities, research & technology organisations and government departments
- Supporting the activities of the RAI Special Interest Group
- Facilitating collaborations that drive innovation and growth in the UK
- Facilitating investment into the collaborations that drive innovation in the UK
- Delivery of KTN work programmes
- Working with Sector teams within KTN and Innovate UK, and external businesses to identify new applications of RAI Technologies in different markets
- Identifying and prioritising RAI technologies and industries, through research and close working with a portfolio of stakeholders
- Forming new communities in RAI technologies and industries and identifying where there is a compelling case for new Special Interest Group activity
- Identifying income generating projects and proposal writing
- To support the Project Manager of the RAI Special Interest Group to ensure timely delivery of deliverables and outputs
- To directly engage with University groups and businesses through making new connections and collaborations, both within and across evolving supply chains, and providing access to funding
- To design, plan and deliver events and workshops and author reports if applicable
- To actively facilitate and contribute to cross-sector collaborations
- To contribute to KTN-wide internal communications and projects, helping colleagues as required
- To support KPI delivery, tracking outcomes resulting from KTN interventions, seeking case studies and provide regular reporting of activity and outcomes
Applicants must have the existing and ongoing right to work in the U.K without restrictions as sponsorship for visas is not provided.
To view the full job description, click here.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Applications that are submitted without a CV and covering letter will be automatically withdrawn from the process.
All applications must be received by 26th October 2019.
Telephone interviews will be conducted between 8th-12th November, and Face to Face Interviews will be between 15th-19th November.
For more vacancies, see our jobs page – we currently have vacancies for an Executive Director (closing 4th October) and a Knowledge Transfer Manager for Rail (closing 23rd October).