KTP Best of the Best Awards Winners Revealed
Posted on 03/05/2019
Winners of the much-anticipated KTP Best of the Best Awards were announced at a special event in London last night. Five categories were being contested and the winners and finalists are as follows:
There were five winners in this category celebrating the contribution of Associates in a KTP:
- Simon Kingston (Associate), Company: EventMAP; KB: University of Nottingham
- Sean Howson (Associate), Company: Mainstream Measurements, KB: University of Huddersfield
- Ryan Jessop (Associate), Company: Clicksco UK Ltd, KB: Durham University
- Radovan Gallo (Associate), Company: Sarissa Biomedical Ltd, KB: Aston University
- Xiaojing Zhu (Associate), Company: RGH Rubber & Plastics Ltd, KB: University of Hertfordshire
BUSINESS IMPACT AWARD:
Outstanding outcomes for business performance are celebrated with this award.
- Company: BemroseBooth Paragon, KB: University of Hull, Associate: Mr Haydn J. Ward
- Company: Recycling Lives, KB – University of Central Lancashire, Associate – Dr Ala Khodier
- Company: Principle Healthcare, KB: University of Bradford, Associate: Dr Suyog Aher
BEST KNOWLEDGE BASE KTP TEAM:
Sponsored by Ashorne Hill
The outstanding contribution of KTP Teams is rewarded for the first time in this new category.
- Queen’s University Belfast
- University of Essex
- University of Nottingham
ENGINEERING EXCELLENCE AWARD
This award honours standout engineering challenges and solutions.
- Company: LMK Thermosafe;, KB: Queen Mary, University of London; Associate: Harshit Porwal
- Company: Spirent Communications Plc; KB: University of Bath; Associate: Dr Talini Pinto Jayawardena
- Company: Geckotech Solutions; KB: Glasgow Caledonian University; Associate: Dr Mark Jenkins
BEST KTP PARTNERSHIP
The most exceptional KTP partnerships.
- Company: Geckoteck Solutions; KB: Glasgow Caledonian University; Associate: Dr Mark Jenkins
- Company: Toffeln Ltd; KB: University of Salford; Associate: Jenny Anderson
- Company: Gloucester Wildlife Trust; KB: University of West of England; Associate: Dr Gemma Jerome
Congratulations to all the winners and finalists.
KTP aims to help businesses improve their competitiveness and productivity through the better use of knowledge, technology and skills that reside within the UK knowledge base. They are funded by UK Research and Innovation through Innovate UK as part of the government’s Industrial Strategy. The Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN) delivers the KTP programme on behalf of Innovate UK. The KTP Best of the Best Awards is a KTN Event.
Companies of all sizes and in all sectors are eligible to apply to participate in a KTP and applications are invited throughout the year. Find out more here.