MRE 2020: Challenges & barriers to innovation and use of new materials in clinical applications
Posted on 17/01/2020
Taking place on Day 2 of Materials Research Exchange 2020 (20th February), the session will take place from 14.50 – 16.00pm. The main focus of this session is presenting key challenges and barriers to innovation and use of new medical/dental materials and devices in clinical applications. Some of the areas that will be discussed include the speakers’ clinical experiences, involvement with industry and the challenges which need to be addressed to accelerate the introduction of new medical devices into clinics and new technologies used in dentistry, neurosurgery and neuro-oncology. The new regulations around MDR and IVDR and how they will affect new innovations will also be brought up.
- Dr. Tom Clutton-Brock – Senior Lecturer at the Institute of Clinical Sciences (College of Medical and Dental Sciences, University of Birmingham). Dr Tom Clutton-Brock will be speaking on “Accelerated Uptake through Use and Usability Testing”.
- Dr. Tom Bereznicki BDS (Edin), MFDTEd MFGDPEng – Honorary Clinical Teacher in the department of Primary Care, The Dental Institute at King’s College London. Dr. Tom Berznicki’s talk will be on ‘Dentistry – Is it moving from a profession to an industry?’
- Professor Keyoumars Ashkan, lead for Functional and Oncological Neurosurgery at King’s College Hospital. Prof. Keyoumars Ashkan’s talk will focus on ‘Neurosurgery: Engineering Challenges’.
About MRE 2020
Taking place 18th – 20th February 2020, MRE 2020 is an exhibition, investor showcase and conference, which will demonstrate ground-breaking new materials developments and their manufacturing processes. Network with over 1500 delegates, meet key funding and decision makers and attend targeted seminars and keynote addresses.
We’ve updated the list of exhibitors on the MRE website which you can view here, which includes Advanced Coating Solutions, IOM3, Intellegens, MaDE, STFC and Tecman. You can view spotlights on two of our exhibitors – The University of Sheffield and The Hub for Biotechnology in the Built Environment. You can see the list of confirmed speakers at the event by clicking here.
Tickets are now on sale and available here.
Please visit the Materials Research Exchange website for further information.
View the full programme here.
Split Exhibition Space for SMEs
If you are an SME who is interested in exhibiting at MRE 2020, it’s now possible to share an exhibition space at MRE 2020 with another SME for just £500 + VAT. This offer includes the following:
- Plinth with room for a banner
- Set up in advance on 18th February
- 2x Complimentary delegate passes including evening wine reception
- Listed as an exhibitor in the event booklet and website
- Company logo on the screens at the event
- An electronic copy of the delegate list (including names and organisation) prior to the event. Please note we are unable to provide contact details.
These tickets are available to purchase here.