NHS Innovation Accelerator Applications Now Open
Posted on 13/09/2019
NHS Innovation Accelerator (NIA) is currently recruiting exceptional individuals with evidence-based, ready-to-scale innovations. NIA is an NHS England initiative delivered in partnership with England’s 15 Academic Health Science Networks (AHSNs) and hosted at UCLPartners. The national programme supports dedicated individuals (‘Fellows’) to scale their high impact, evidence-based innovations across the English NHS and wider healthcare system for patient, population and staff benefit.
For its 5th Call for applicants, the NIA will select up to 12 new Fellows. Those selected will join a pool of existing Fellows and Alumni supporting 52 innovations. Applicants, nationally and internationally, can be clinicians; academics; from a public-sector, charitable or not-for-profit organisation; from a small or medium-sized enterprise (SME); from a large corporate.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- The innovation addresses one or more of the commitments laid out in the NHS Long Term Plan
- The innovation demonstrates, in practice, significant outcomes for significantly lower cost
- The innovation is supported by an evidence base and is ready to be diffused across the NHS
- The applicant has a passion for learning and for sharing their insight widely
- The applicant is committed to scaling evidence-based innovations for patient and population benefit
There are a series of in-person information events taking place during the call period. Please click below to register for the relevant date and city for you:
There will additionally be three online Q&A webinars taking place, which you can register for below:
Key application dates:
23rd October 2019, midnight – application deadline
19 December 2019 – applicants notified of application status
27 January 2020 – outcomes communicated to shortlisted applicants
For more information please click here.
If you’ve got any questions please direct them to email@example.com