Present your circular economy innovation at the Resourceful Conference
Posted on 14/01/2019
The Resourceful Conference, in association with LCRN and the Circular Economy Club, is part of the 10th Rushlight Show, at the Royal Society, 6-9 Carlton House Terrace, London, SW1Y 5AG on Wednesday 30 January. The Rushlight Show is the leading event for cleantech companies and sustainable solutions to meet investors and financiers, corporate customers, government departments, advisers and intermediaries taking place in the heart of London.
The long-awaited Resources & Waste Strategy has made a good start in its attempt to address specific waste and resource issues, but it has not sought to take the UK towards any specific end goals with regard to a true full circular economy. Nevertheless, the circular economy is starting to gain traction in the way society is managing resources. Companies in the vanguard are recognising that there are cost and business resilience benefits to keeping ownership of the resources within their products. There are also new platforms, networks and blue prints for assets to be shared, accessed and given longer economic lives.
This Conference highlights some of the new practices being followed by those in the forefront of this movement and the significant changes happening in policy and regulation to assist with the transition away from a linear resource model. Companies with leading innovations will be setting out what they are looking for to move their circular economy solution forward, giving delegates a major lead to develop the contacts and the information to create the scale and necessary infrastructure to become early successes in this space. This conference is designed to be of real value to entrepreneurs, investors, corporates developing their circular economy strategy and network, local authorities, charities and resource and sustainability managers within industry, commerce, the public sector, housing associations and the community.
In addition to the Resourceful Conference, delegates will also be able to take advantage of the whole Rushlight Show event throughout the day with highlights including:
- The Innovation Showcase of the Cleantech Conference, opened by Claire Perry, Minister of State for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (to be confirmed), with 40 companies presenting their latest cleantech and sustainability innovations.
- The Innovate UK Infrastructure Systems Showcase in the Exhibition, together with the poster exhibition, amounting to over 100 of the latest innovations in cleantech and sustainability.
- The UK Transport Energy Breakfast Seminar, which will set out the current state of play of the dramatic changes of fuels and energy sources for transport in the UK. This is a must attend event for anyone with an interest in transport and the UK energy market.
- The Resourceful Conference, in association with LCRN and the Circular Economy Club, which is the market place for the development of the circular economy, with a major opportunity for solutions providers and intermediaries to present to investors, local authorities, government and corporates eager to engage in this space.
- The Sustainable Solutions Market Panel, where organisations can present their market-ready products and services directly to a panel and audience of leading sustainability and procurement representatives from corporate UK who are seeking to further their supply chain sustainability and resilience, including NHS, Whitbread, Vinci Facilities and Nestle.
- A cooked breakfast, lunch and networking opportunities throughout the day.
The total audience for the whole event is expected to exceed 500 and will include cleantech senior management, investors, advisers, corporate customers, sustainability professionals, local authorities, community reuse businesses, trade associations, media and other consultants specialising in the various sectors.
Companies interested in presenting in the Resourceful Conference merely have to register as a delegates and then apply for one of the remaining slots.
You can find out more here.
The Rushlight Show is kindly sponsored by Innovate UK, BEIS, Carbon Limiting Technologies, Flanders Investment & Trade, Granted Consultancy, Venner Shipley, Everoze, Prova and Climate-KIC.