Quality by design for effective bioprocess characterisation and validation
Posted on 05/12/2018
UCL’s award-winning Modular Training for the Bioprocess Industries (MBI®) programme provides innovative UCL-accredited short courses in bioprocessing, specifically created to support skills development of scientists and engineers working in the bioeng/bioprocess space or looking to move into these areas.
Cost-effective process characterisation that fulfils evolving regulatory requirements is a challenge faced by all process development scientists and engineers. The Quality by Design for Effective Bioprocess Characterisation and Validation course running at UCL from 25 – 28 February 2019 provides an opportunity for delegates to become familiar with QbD, DoE and PAT and lifecycle concepts and to debate developments with expert speakers during a series of lectures, workshops and case study sessions.
Why take part in this course?
The course will enable you to:
- Learn about the latest FDA and EMEA regulations with regards to QbD, PAT, process characterisation and validation
- Understand current and future perspectives of the impact of QbD and PAT on the effort to require for process characterisation
- Learn how to perform Risk Assessments to determine Critical Quality Attributes and Critical Process Parameters
- Learn how to apply QbD to continuous operations
- Apply QbD when implementing pre/post-approval process changes
The course has an exciting line up of speakers including:
– Paul Bird, Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies
– Keith Chidwick, PAREXEL
– Mairead Looby, Bristol-Myers Squibb
– Suzanne Aldington, Lonza Biologics
– Ryan McCoy, Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult
– Angus Thompson, Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies
For further information on the Quality by Design for Effective Bioprocess Characterisation and Validation course running at UCL from 25 – 28 February, please click here.
About the MBI programme
The MBI® courses are UCL-accredited short courses in bioprocessing, designed specifically for industrialists, that can be taken as stand-alone modules or can be combined for Certificate, Diploma or Masters qualifications. All courses are designed and delivered in collaboration with 70 industrial experts to support continued professional and technical development. Courses are also integrated with departments’ cutting edge transnational research to ensure information is current and forms a platform for knowledge transfer. MBI is designed to be flexible with courses being taken stand-alone or combined for Certificate, Diploma or Masters qualifications.
You can access a full list of MBI® courses here.