Sustainable Use of Plastics in Agriculture: Challenges and Solutions
Posted on 20/12/2019
There are opportunities in the agriculture sector to reduce, reuse and recycle the amount of single use plastic, in particular in silage wrap and mulch. The UK Circular Plastics Network (UKCPN) is partnering with the Environment Agency and the University of Sheffield to discuss the solutions that currently exist and also how to overcome challenges in the future.
Please find bellow the Presentations Slides, in order of the agenda.
– Agriculture film recycling: Current trends, challenges & opportunities – Jagan Mohanraj
– Single-use Plastics Project – Agriculture Group Proof of Concept – Lorraine Maltby, Richard Bruce, Chantelle Wood, Rukayya Ibrahim Muazu & Shuhan Chen
– Plastics in Agriculture – UK Circular Plastics Network – Sheffield University
– Agriplastics – Iain Ferguson
– Enhancing plastic sustainability in the farming community – Philippa Arnold
After a networking lunch you will have opportunity to feed into the UKCPN work on prioritising areas for future support and funding. This is your chance to affect future policy and we would like input from across the supply chain and supporting organisations, so please register now.
Please click here to find out more about this event.
We would like to encourage people to use public transport and directions are:
If arriving by train, follow signs to the Trams on the station footbridge – that is in the opposite direction to the main way out. Take a Blue Route tram to Malin Bridge and pay the on-board conductor in cash. A few trams are equipped with card machines, but they are not yet fully operational. You need to travel to the stop named ‘University’ where, on alighting, there will be a guide to direct you to INOX Dine where the event is being held. It’s a three minute walk from the tram stop.
If coming by car, park in the Q Park in Durham Road, and cross their road after leaving the car park keeping the Students’ Union on your right. Walk up the ramp and enter the SU through the West Doors and take the lift or stairs to floor 5 where INOX Dine is located.